God at Ralph Lauren's
As we stood in line to board the plane I sent up a prayer that, if God would help me, I was available to chat with someone on this flight from Detroit to Cincinatti.
The seat next to me was empty so I got out my new NASB Bible to begin reading before the flight left. I dozed off for a few minutes, but just before take-off I woke to find a beautiful Asian girl in a classy, navy coat smiling down at me. After she got settled next to me, she told me her flight to New York had been cancelled, they said there were no seats anywhere, but she had prayed to God and He gave her the one next to me.
Sue works in New York at Ralph Lauren as a designer. It is not as glamorous as it sounds and there is a lot of alcohol and worldly stuff, but the job is good. Her boyfriend would be leaving for Iraq the next day, and she was very anxious about the killing and all.
In addition, he had asked her to join the Catholic faith and marry him. She had attended a mass the past weekend and found it uncomfortable. Could I tell her about the Catholic faith? Her boyfriend is a devout Catholic but not a devout Christian, which she is. What should she do?
We talked the hour and a half and she hugged me good-bye and said she was so glad God had given her this seat. Me too. I was blessed by her simple faith and thank God for expanding my world to include a young designer from Ralph Lauren in New York City.
Living with God is so interesting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home