Monday, December 11, 2006

Brazil or Bust

When I got home last night after the homeless Bible study, our boys and Bob told me about their Boyscout meeting in which they had elected officers. They had a good laugh over a crazy little movie called Nachos something about a little monk who liked wrestling.

Then after I passed on the home remedies Maggie's homeless friends sent, she and I addressed the issue of money. She is believing God to get her into the Iris mission school in early January. She believes God will double her Friday paycheck by the end of this week, which is the date by which she must send in her tuiton.

The Brazil school starts in early January and goes for 5 weeks. I shall miss her so much. However, it's my fault I guess, because I asked God to shove my girl through that Narrow Gate and into His Kingdom work. God is working so fast and in such a global way, we do NOT want to miss the fun. So she goes with a big blessing on her head from this mamma.

As far as the money goes, she always says, "It's all good, Mom. God has a lot of money." And as a friend of our says, "He's always in a good mood." She works hard at teaching, to pay her own way. Still, if anyone feels like they want to "go with Maggie to Brazil," and be in on the excitement, they can feel free to support her.

She's not likely to ask anyone for the cash herself. Her friends downtown have also cast themselves on God as missionaries, or else they ARE the mission field. Her cute little preschoolers certainly don't have any extra cash, and her college girlfriends are definitely not rich. :)

God be praised! We give it all to Him, and give Him all our hearts and all the glory and praise. His streams of mercy flow like rivers of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home