Monday, December 11, 2006

Joseph

When a friend Dusty and I pulled up to the park it was dark , but the city had strung twinkly lights all through the trees. I beeped the horn and a guy came up but it was the wrong one so I asked him, "Please see if there is a Joseph or a Jim huddled up in the pavillion."

He did and in a second a long legged cowboy came striding slowly towards the car. He bent over and looked in as if to say, Is this really ok?

The two Jims never showed up, but I introduced him to Dusty and convinced him that, Shoot, the folks at the Bible study did NOT mind about his face being messed up. In fact we'd get some medicine for it. He politely got in the car and we chatted as I drove the several blocks. Dusty told him he too had been on drugs and it's a hard road, but Jesus can save you.

Joseph said he'd read the Gospel of John I gave him and said, "That Jesus man can read people's minds, cain't He?" We smiled and said, "Yes, and he still loved us and died for us!"

I wish I could write more about Joseph's face during the worship time as we sang "I have a Father. He knows my name," but I'm going to cry. We gave him meds for his "bad fall when I was drunk", my drugstore reading glasses, a Living Bible, and a bag of food. Dusty took him back to the park and I drove on home rejoicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home