Friday, June 06, 2008

Early B'Day

I can't wait to get my eyes on my Robbie. I talked with him today by phone or rather made small talk with him just so we could stay on the line. I miss his sweet nature and his peaceful demeanor. God has blessed us with some dear sons and I am very eager to watch how our lives will mesh together up north. And God will provide me a daughter in place of darling Maggie whom I shall cry over as we drive up I-55 North.

Maggie and James and Peter and I grabbed one more "last" chance to get together with friends before moving. Peter made a cake yesterday, and so we decided to call it his early birthday cake, put 15 candles in it, and tell Jordan and Susan and Angel and William and Mr. Michael and Ms. Ronnie.

They came, and we five females sat and laughed by the pool, while the five males swam, ate hot dogs, joked, rough housed and talked serious about one of Peter's favorite movies, The Cross and the Switchblade with David Wilkerson.

Outside a fresh wind was blowing away the humidity and heat of the day. Up in the clear star-studded black sky, the Big Dipper stood upright, dumping down joy and goodness over us. Between the tops of the tall Southern pines a new crescent moon burst its orange glow around the edges of the sphere announcing the first day of the fourth month on God's calendar.

After the last guest drove off, Peter hugged me and said, "Thank you, Mom" at least twice. And James confided in me that their friend "Mr. Michael is serious minded, you know, Mom, but he also can play bloody knuckles." Somehow I feel that must be important.

God is good. He has been good, and He will be good. He shall preserve our "...going out from this time forth and forevermore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home