He's Real, Y'all!
In the middle of the night last night I woke with some anxious thoughts, but recalled what my dear cousin Jan told me. "Sylvia, here's what I do. Turn the light on right away, and read till you are sleepy."
I pulled out the old story, Star of Light by Patricia St. John and read some and then put my head back and sang an old song from an album Wendy gave me,
God has not given us a spirit of fear,
But of power, love and a sound mind,
So don't be afraid anymore,
He'll be there to hear your prayer,
He'll be there to hear your prayer,
He'll be there to hear your prayer,
EVERY TIME!
I just talked to Him about that. I knew where the spirit of fear comes from, but I had never recalled that there was such a thing as a 'spirit of love.' Since perfect love casts out fear, I wanted one of those spirits of love, if you please, Sir.
I like to ask Him for things and then watch the clock. (Is that disrespectful? I don't think so - I think it shows faith.) Within thirty seconds, I kid you not, a wave of peace came pouring over me, and I fell immediately into a deep sleep.
I did not wake until Peter tapped on my door to say, "I'm doing fine Mom. Don't get up. I just wanted to say I am going out to catch the school bus. Love you, Mother dear."
As Vicki, who leads the singing down at the Homeless Church, says to the street guys, "He's real, Y'all! Jesus is real!!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home