"What will you do?"
No new word from Maggie, but I am trusting she is deep into her work and that no news is good news.
She would have enjoyed the downtown Bible Study last night. We covered our chapter in Acts and as usual found great applications to our lives as followers of Jesus or prospective believers. Then the street guys piped up with their questions. They are so polite and respectful and consider Mrs. Amy an angel of mercy, love the soup, and warm house. But they do have their questions.
Tony always is full of insights and has a piercing prophetic mentality. He was the one who asked me how often I repent. It was important to him whether I was a hypocrite or not. Last night he cornered me after the meeting and asked, "Where is your daughter?"
"Oh," I answered, "She is at a mission school in Brazil."
"What will she do after that? Will she come home?"
"Yes, for a while" I responded.
"What will you do if she goes away to Africa and doesn't come back?" He was at it again, testing me.
I said, "I will be so glad is she is giving her life away for Jesus Christ. "
"What if she never comes back? " He repeated.
"As I said, I will be sad and miss her, but I will be glad she is serving the Lord. I want all my children to serve the Lord in various ways."
He nodded seriously. I guess I passed the test. It was a scary one.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home