Monday, December 04, 2006

Chilly Cold

As we headed down to the Church on the Park yesterday, I half expected there to be only a few homeless there. After all, who would come out on a freezing cold day like that? Well, duh, the homeless! :)

In fact the crowd was as big as ever, and surprisingly, there was a lot of hugging and laughing and joking, perhaps to keep warm. Folks sang louder than usual perhaps because Hark the Herald Angels Sing is a favorite.

I have to thank the downtown Windsor ministry for their contribution of Gospel tracts for us to use down here. I took an bundle with me, but I sometimes hesitiate to approach people with something in my hand, so I just prayed and decided to set some on the table. I began looking around for a rock to keep them from blowing away and Kenneth, a friend I have often spoken with, who was bundled up in a blanket, found one for me.

No sooner did we set them on the table, but another guy marched up and took one. Later he also was the first to come up and accept the Lord. After the sermon I took the rest of them and walked slowly down the food line. I was really impressed with the knowledge that some of these dear men and ladies were going to end up in hell, and I felt like crying.

Without holding the tracts out I just said, "Guys, I have tracts here that will help you be sure of where you are going to spend eternity. Would anyone like one?"

Almost everyone in that long line stuck out their hand! May God use the words on those little pieces of paper to convict and save people. It makes me wonder what I have been doing all my life about all those millions of people who are on their way to a lost eternity and don't even know how to avoid it. Jesus, have mercy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home