Thursday, November 30, 2006

Souls

This morning I did not feel particularly spiritual, but as the saying goes, you don't have to be anything special for God to use you. You just have to be available, and watch what happens!!

While I was doing my obliques, striving to make that swooshing hydraulics sound that makes the manager happy, I overheard one of the other women telling how when her daughter turns 18, 'she's out.'

Well, rearing 8 teenagers myself I knew how the lady felt, :) but I also know that God ALWAYS has answers.

Long story short, we talked, and in the end, she decided to stop scolding her daughter and not to kick her out of the house. Instead she would pray more.

After that, it was Wal-Mart for groceries. Well, Wal-Mart must be responding to all the soaking prayers Believers are praying as they walk through, because there were three more people God had ready and waiting for me down various aisles!

One lady in the meat section had a son-in-law who is in prison. We hugged, and as I pushed my shopping cart on down the aisle, there was my elderly friend Francis, who can always use a loving word since her son died in a boating accident.

Then at the checkout was a little girl with a cropped shirt and pain in her eyes, who lost her two best friends to suicide. Her grandpa, who is all she has, is in the hospital. Ashley tries so hard to control her life and make it work, but needs to let go and give it up to her loving heavenly Father who can see around the next corner for her.

God, will YOU 'answer by fire' for these precious people who are so desperately needy and have no real answer except You?

But what an Answer You are! If they will only hope in You Lord, You would show them such loving kindness as they have never known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home