26 Hours Till Send Off
Last night I was so sleepy but I thought, If it's really, truly worth anything to you, then it is worth getting back out of bed and praying. With just a day or so to go, the team was still several thousand dollars short, and Maggie was throwing up non-stop.
So I dragged myself out of bed and sat and prayed, read Heidi Bakker's book, and prayed some more. "Beyond the Veil" is a documentary about orphan children in Kunming China upon whom the Holy Spirit fell and extraordinary miracles occurred.
The children returned to the streets, only this time they preached in the power of the Spirit like the early apostles, and were transported to heaven and saw glorious visions like John recorded in Revelation. They had visions of hell, the future state of the unrepentent, and many prophetic things, which, being little street kids, they had never been taught, but which are described in the Bible.
Then I went back to bed thinking how I stand at my window in the morning and say, "Blessed art Thou, O, Lord our God, King of the Universe," and how He really is King of the Universe, so what am I worried about?
Besides, when we were praying with the needy ladies in the morning, God gave me a song. The last time I heard it was one evening as I was walking down our street past the little, Black, country community just down from our place. We had just moved to Mississippi, and I was walking slowly and wondering about why we were here. The sun was setting and there was a beautiful, reddish glow on the small houses.
Suddenly I heard little voices laughing and one singing out, "He's got the whole worl' in His hands, He's got the whole worl' in His hands..." Around the corner of the dirt road came two little kids on bikes. They looked at me, smiled, and shyly turned their bikes and rode back home. Likely the white lady had startled them.
That is what came to my mind while we women were praying. So why wouldn't I just believe it?
This morning we awoke to find that almost all the money has arrived and from sources we had not expected. Praise be to the Lord for He is always good. He can be trusted all the time. In fact, His favorite thing is being trusted by His children. It makes sense, doesn't it? that a Good Father would want His children to trust Him, and be hurt if they didn't.
Once the group leaves tomorrow, I shall see what God will do for my sweet friend Fawn who is crying out night and day for God to deliver her from the apartment complex where her 14 year old son was held up at gunpoint recently on his way to school for his shoes and clothes. She called me crying that when she came in from her balcony the night before, they heard nine gunshots, and the man downstairs has nine holes in his door. No one was hurt, but could I please rescue her and her son. They have no where to go. God have mercy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home