Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not Your Everyday Adventure

April 4 began an adventure here which I would not want to repeat, except that God has been with us throughout it and I know the outcome will prove to be for the good. That is the way with God.

Sitting in my car in the driveway, I looked for a moment at the black sky to the northwest and prepared to go inside the house. As I sent up a quick prayer that we would be safe during whatever weather was heading our way, suddenly, despite the black sky, I had the strong urge to go to the bank.

My brain said, "You can't get there and back before that weather hits." Still, booming deep inside me the words were repeated, "Go to the bank!" So I turned the car around and drove down the long driveway and on over to the bank. During the three or four minutes it took to drive, I found myself weeping and praying. Just giving thanks to God for His goodness. Why am I so emotional I wondered.

The wind was picking up as I entered the bank, I was the only customer and the manager was taping signs on the door and signaling other customers away as he locked up. "Mrs. Sylvia," he ordered, you have to stay here. A tornado is coming through in a minute. Go on in the vault."

Clutching my little purse, I dumbly obeyed, catching sight out the window of construction materials from a new car wash flying by the window. At that, I became invisible to the bank personnel who briskly pulled drawers, counted money, called out totals to each other, and moved their cash boxes into the vault alongside of me.

When it was over, I was very grateful to have been among friends and definitely not out in it or home alone. I got in my car which had been nicked by some flying debris, and calmly drove home as chunks of smashed glass popped out and landed on the seat beside me. "Thank you Father, that I was among friend during that," I thought.

On arriving home I was met by a messy sight. Since a tree and wire had fallen across our driveway, I pulled up on the roadside and sat staring at our property. I am asking God to heal me of that sight and also or the sound of sirens and wind. I am sure He will and I will have a wonderful testimony to tell.

But at that moment I was very relieved to see that He had provided two big strong "angels" who suddenly pulled up in a truck behind my car. Slowly they got out of their truck and walked up to my car window. "Are you aw right, Ma'am? Can we do anything for yew?"

"Well, you can walk me to my house," I smiled. "Thank you so much."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home