Medal
I chuckle when I think of kindergarten, homeschooling days.
I kept our tiny Robbie home an extra year when other kids his age were going off to school, but twice a week I'd drop off him off at a nearby school for P.E. classes. His buddies, already out on the grass, would spot our car pulling up and yell, "Rob's here, let's race!!"
Now in 10th grade he is still racing against his buddies, and this past weekend won third place in the 2 mile relay in the MPSA Statewide tournament. Glory to God. (The Mississippi Private Schools Association finals actually included Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Tennessee along with Mississippi.)
He now has a nice medal to dangle round his neck, a stalwart smile on his face, and callouses on his two feet to show for it.
In his steady way he has always loved to compete. Saturday evening he looked at me with eyebrows raised and quietly said, "Wow, Mom, those guys were fast!"
This is a good thing for our fast boy. God be praised.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home