Play Practice
Tonight was another in a series of play practices for the kids' Purim drama. While a couple of the men supervised I went across the parking lot of the church carrying my potato soup contribution for the monthly ladies' dinner meeting. After helping set up I sneaked back into the synagogue and into the last Bible study on Daniel, which was a review of that amazing book and a layout of the future events in the Middle East. It is interesting to think how many of the people who received Jesus as Messiah did so because they'd studied the Word of God and discovered it was time for him to arrive on the scene of human history. I did not realize that the exact number of days and weeks was given leading up to His entry into Jerusalem.
Another exact day revealed in scripture is the exact count down from the appearing of the anti Messiah add 7 years and you have the second coming of the Messiah to reign on earth.
When I looked back in on the kids, they were getting ready to break for the night and go for a night hike to pass the time till the other parents came out of Bible study. So pairing up as buddies, off we went in the cold and dark side road that led along the edge of the Reservoir and then returned back up the road again.
On arriving back, the kids had a time of prayer and then went back across with Mrs. Sylvia to help the church folks by stacking chairs and dismantling tables. On the way out to the car, the rabbi asked if I would consider allowing James to accompany his family to Ukraine this summer to visit some Messianic congregations we support there. I wonder if the thought will encourage James to refresh his Russian so he could be an interpreter. We will see what God says.

1 Comments:
Hi Sylvia,
just wanted to know that I am reading :) thanks for your posts. I am praying for your family ;)
Michelle
Post a Comment
<< Home