Alyosha is Waiting
I remember the dream I had of little Dima in a small boat on a rough sea. The waves were taking him farther and farther from shore. I yelled for help to save him and no one could help me.
Then I woke up and prayed, but I guess I should have prayed more fervently.
Dima had a limp and was often picked on by the bigger kids. He was a sweet, little boy who loved our Peter, and Peter used to cry for him. A few months ago I heard that Dima was running away from the orphanage regularly, and that even when they'd take his clothes, he'd find a way to escape and that he was sniffing glue on the streets of Odessa.
One time we managed to get him on the phone. Peter was very distressed because he could not remember enough Russian to get through to his old friend. He kept saying in English, "Dima, don't run away! Don't sniff glue!" But they both hung up disheartened that they could not communicate, and Peter went to his room and put his pillow over his head.
Today I heard that Dima is dead. he was riding on top of a trolley and get electrocuted. I am not doing very well about this.
Please, can more people help get the kids of Ukraine? Yes, there are many children, but it matters very much to the one you rescue that you fought and won the battle for him or her.
One friend of Peter's is still left, a quiet little guy who is a bit slow, but very endearing and loving. Alyosha.
When I saw Alyosha last he was earnestly showing me his workbook which was filled with lovely handwriting and drawings. Can someone go for Alyosha? I don't want to lose him to the streets.

1 Comments:
I am heartbroken by this news of Dima. Cynthia
Post a Comment
<< Home