Thursday, March 10, 2005

More History

James bounces back more quickly from unhappy spells than before, and each night he prays for help "resisting", them and whatever else God must be showing him. This week at Sunday School, he wrote a big word, "RESIST" in colorful letters on a paper. "Submit to God and resist the devil, and he will flee from you,"and is believing God will make him strong. Tonight he also prayed for me to be strong in the Lord.

He is still self protective to a degree, but I am daily amazed at how propelled towards healing he and Peter are by Something beyond what we can offer them. I know it is the Spirit of God, and our family are merely facilitators.

While Peter has always been by nature wide open in his affection, James now has a secure enough relationship with me that when he asked me if I loved him last evening, I said I'd have to think about it. Then I chased him around the house threatening to kiss him. Every time I was ready to quit, he came back teasing for more. It is a treat having him act like a normal happy kid.

He still feels a heavy responsibility to see that Peter is good at home and school. I explained that that is too heavy a burden for a 12 year old to have to carry, worrying about his brother's behavior. He's better off leaving it to the adults in his life. He will be much happier for it.

As we sat over our tea today, both James and Peter shared more about friends back at the orphanage. The told of some big boys who did drugs, but when a man told them God loved them, they accepted Jesus. Now they don't take drugs and drink anymore, and they are nice. Today I read a letter from a 15 year old, almost 16, who I have been sad about. He spends a lot of time at church, says they now have a Bible Study at the orphanage and that someday he plans to "go around the world with the Gospel." The power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to bring hope and power for change in a dark place. Praise the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home