Sunday, February 27, 2005

Happy Birthday

This morning while I was still dressing I heard sounds in the kitchen and peeked to see Peter up early, scouring the top of my stove. He hugged me tightly when I went in and scolded him. "Heppy Beerthday, Mommy," he said.

While I really miss my girls being around cooking and baking the family favorites at birthdays, my boys really made me feel special today. I wish they would stop asking me how old I am, but if you feel 30 when you are 58, I guess that is all that counts. I tell them I am almost half way through my life.

Maggie was home from college, or as Peter spells it, kulleage. It was a treat to talk girl stuff. After supper we played Boggle and Pick-up Sticks, and Peter asked to write yet another email letter. The guys all watched an old Stanley Cup playoff game.

Other adoptive moms will understand why at bedtime I cried again as I heard their prayers.

PS Rebecca, I have tried and tried to write you and send those photos of your little girl in Ukraine. Are you getting my letters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home