Papering the Walls
The boys seem intent on papering their bedroom walls with the Bible verses they receive on big colored papers at Sunday School each week. I am not sure what to call this new decor, but what can I say? Each day they are becoming more free and happy, and their past traumas are casting less and less of a shadow over their lives.
They are growing in height as well. Today we measured them against the marks on the laundry room wall and found that each boy has grown over 1/2 inch since Christmas when they came. They also have increased a size in their pants and shirts. Amazing what food will do for a kid!
James will soon be getting all the sleep he needs too. He and I sat down on his bed and looked up verses concerning sleep. "I will both lay down in peace and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety." He asked for a tab for his Bible for that favorite.
I reassured him that God did not bring him to our family to continue the years of sleeplessness. Last night he shared some more memories with me. He showed me which scars on his head go with which memories, and why he is almost blind in one eye. (Now I understand why he has had a few little accidents.)
He is certainly no begger. He is our son and we will just pray and believe God till we get the victory. He WILL get his sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home