Friday, August 22, 2008

Outdoorsy Stuff

For sisters perhaps, who may be interested in what brothers are up to, the boys are busy and good. Besides school, this is it. Last evening Rob's comment about his new job was, "If you like operating machinery, you'd like this job. They want me to ride around on mowers and tractors and things, and pay me to do it."

There is a fair bit of landscaping at the Willow Creek Driving Range and Miniature Golf place. Once cold weather comes and he needs a new job, we may look at the ice arena. Then he'd get to do one of his favorite things - skate.


James came down this morning in a shirt and tie. This is one of the dignities imposed upon football players on games days. Today's is only a scrimmage, but they will travel a couple hours to play it. He will need to learn to play wearing a visor to protect his good eye. I hope the scouts won't mind that when they are looking for NFL players!

Peter has taken the initiative and is happily carving out a little life for himself by riding his bike wherever he wants to go. Yesterday it was several miles home from school only to change out of his uniform and ride into town to study at the library. He has joined the Bible quizzing team at the church five minutes away so he can get there too. Once winter comes he may need cross country skis for all this outdoorsy stuff. First he will be running cross country. There is a wonderful interesting track at the school.

God is steering these guys into the way they should go, and I think they are happy with it. I am, though I am nervous about it too and how I will continue to be there for them and support them in what is a busy schedule. God never promised us a rose garden. Only that he'd be there day by day. What he wants more than anything from us is that we trust him, and more than anything I am not so good at it.

Lord increase my faith. Wherefore do I doubt? Seriously, wherefore do I doubt? "Happy is the man that trusteth in Him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home