Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ruining the Devil's Day

At church tonight a couple people nodded knowingly, when I said I had one of those days where I listened to negative thoughts all day long. I had barely pulled myself through the day, an invisible ball and chain attached to my leg. Every discouraging notion old Slewfoot knows works with me, he used, and almost beat me to a pulp.

it wasn't until I was driving to James' practice game that I came to myself. "You stinker, devil!" I said out loud. "You ruined my day. Now I'll ruin yours," and I began to pray. I thanked God for everything I could think of and began looking for Life. I also asked Him if I could meet up with two particular ladies at the game.

So... God being the way he is, when I arrived, the two ladies were sitting in folding chairs talking to each other.

"Do you two know each other?" I asked in surprise.

"No," they answered. "We just met."

Now wouldn't you know it? God arrived there before me, and out of the 200 folks at the game fellowship, he matched those two up for me. "Here," said one. "Sit on this quilt and we'll talk."

God is so nice... Now could He please teach me football so I can congratulate James on how well he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home