Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grab Life

I popped a pen and 3x5 card into my pocket, but within a minute, I pulled it back out because things started happened that fast.

I decided to watch for Life. Whenever I spotted Life I would notice it, grab hold of it, and tuck it into my heart. Then just so I could remind myself later, I would write it down on my card. As I was thinking about this, the first Life experience happened. I felt God touch my back ever so lightly, but I thought, Aha, God likes this and I smiled. Quick write it down.

Next was a happy, happy email from Stephie telling about a conference they'd attended. Write it down. Yay!

Next was a letter from Annie saying I had encouraged her. Then came Peter into the room with a goofy, sheepish grin on his face. "I am sorry," he said.

Then James tried on his new football jersey, which they are now making stretchy tight so other players can't yank on them and get that nasty finger twist-and-pull injury. We laughed to see him struggle to pull the shirt over his head and get stuck in it. Then without the pads it had puffy short sleeves. We laughed again. Write it down.

Tonight Bob and I went on our first in a long time date night, and I told him how Heather Anne had considered naming little Roly a Puritan name. One she found meant "But for the grace of God thou wouldst be d----d." For short they called the fellow D----d!

Once home, I called Susan, a new mom at school who God sent my way fresh from Kentucky two weeks ago. "I bought two packages of chocolate chip batter," I said. "So don't make any. I will bring both for us to the football kickoff, because you are still up to your neck in boxes." Boy, do I know how that feels. We talked some more, and I lost count of the times she told me of family incidents and said, "I had to laugh when ..."

My kinda girl. More to laugh at. More Life. Write it down.

God is so good....and happy too, don't you think? He made Life, so He must really enjoy this game of noticing and grabbing Life and writing it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home