Little School
This past week God did some wonderful things for us. I believe he has answered my prayers about school for the boys. I determined not to register them at the school our Rob attends until I felt a definite 'yes' from the Lord. Well, tomorrow I shall go to register them and trust the school will take them.
Recently I was feeling insecure about tuition since Bob has been talking about retiring. A little school nearby is half the tuition and seemed so safe and easy for me to handle. All three boys were sweetly content to obey Mom if I said that is where we would go. However, it would mean a move for Rob in his senior year and no football for James and no track for Peter.
In other words, God let me go through the motions of inquiring there in my fear of not enough money. However, the day I was to have the interview with the administrator I simply could NOT find the paperwork. It was a pleasant enough interview, I really liked the man, and understood his vision for the school, which, as it turned out would not fit for us, because our attending a small home fellowship was not his idea of a local church that meets their criteria of a local church. Their school is primarily a ministry to their own church kids.
I needed to remember that God likes to bless families through the role or 'office' of the husband/ father. Hence I could have avoided a rejection had I just rested in Bob's plan and trusted in God for finances. We are not at all hurt by our rejection letter; it has also happened to others we know because of the church they attend.
We simply accepted it as God's way of answering our prayer for direction, and our visit to the school as a way of acquainting ourselves with other Christian schools in our area. The boys actually went up there the other night with a friend to their youth outreach and had a blast.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home