Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mother of Invention

Our learning curve has increased so greatly of late as regards The Care and Discipline of Boys that I am inclined to discuss something mundane by way of escape.

This morning Rob was on K.P. and since there were only 2 eggs left (I shop Thursdays) we made french toast. However, Mother Hubbard's cupboard was also nearly bare of real maple syrup (we always use Real of everything, knowing how God feels about synthetics) .

So the Mother of Invention went to work, and in three minutes we had thawed a couple cups of frozen strawberries, cooked them up with a spoonful of cornstarch sweetened with 2 packs of Stevia herb. Next time I shall try 3 packs, but since nobody complained about the lack of sugar, maybe not. I had some french toast too and it was yum.

Happy Days!

PS Because of the cornered maket on sweeteners, you cannot find Stevia labelled as such. I found my little box of Spoonable Stevia packs at the healthfood store under Dietary Supplement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home