Prayin' Ourselves Happy!
I sat waiting in the parking lot to hear what God would say for me to do. Should I go downtown for the Bible Study? I was already an hour late, but somehow I felt He was saying to go anyway.
I let the car pull slowly into the turning lane and began driving in that direction, but then the thought came, "Call Fawn and ask if she could come too." I should go and pick her up. I had not seen Fawn in a couple weeks and said, "But Lord, she is at work and that is in the opposite direction."
"She is at home," He answered.
I picked up my cell phone as I drove along, but realized, "Lord, I do not have her phone number. What now?"
Suddenly my phone rang. It was Fawn!
"Ms. Sivia! she said, her voice as usual way loud and strong on the end of the line. "I quit my job and now i am at home! My boss kept praying to Buddah about me and making voodoo against me. She was getting so mean because I love my Jesus. Finally I quit. I just came home. Can you get me and we go to Bible Study?"
"Of course, Darlin', I am already on my way because God told me to get you. Isn't He good?"
Oh, Ms. Sivia, He always good. He always good. He is my Lord Jesus. He is my best Friend and Savior. He save me from that evil woman and now he say I am finished wid that job. She going to be sorry because I cheerful and joyful. I bring in her customers, because God's grace in on me and the customers like me. God put His favor upon me and make His face shine on me because I His child. That evil lady gonna be sorry she treat God's chil' like that!"
"Ok, Fawn, let's remember God loves your Buddist boss and Jesus died for her just like He died for you and me. We are sinners too."
"Oh, yes, Ms. Sivia. You are right! He Looove my boss! We pray for ou-er enemies. We bless those who persecute us for righteousness sake. We pray for dose who despitfully use us. We pray God, You will save my boss! Turn her from her evil way. She and her chidren go to hell unless you SAVE her, Oh Jesus! Save my boss!"
She and I prayed and praised God loudly as I drove the long treck into Jackson to get her, past the abandoned houses where folks live without light and heat and water, past the warehouses that are collapsing, past the good and the bad neighborhoods, the kids in their schools, the people going shopping and the little storefront churches and outreach centers.
By the time I got to Fawns apartment, Ah had prayed mahsef happy!
We went to the Bible Study, and again Fawn burst forth in a prayer that rose in a crescendo, had all of us cryin' and Amenin'. She prayed up and down the women there, our families, the President, the Nation, the continent and then she started on the other continents.
This is the little, abused, war baby from Vietnam, who came by herself to America at 15 years of age, who lived in shelters and on patios, who was a outcast, sick, and mistreated, but to whom God has revealed Himself, and who loves and depends on and cherishes and praises Him day and night.
Someday soon she and I will write the story of her life to glorify God some more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home