"A.C."
Yesterday morning dawned COLD and drizzly. Maggie and I stood and looked at each other in the kitchen, "Let's pray about whether God really wants us to go down to the homeless church this morning. Maybe we should just stay home and rest today."
Yeah, sure!
The others were still sleeping, so we pulled on jackets and off we drove. As we did the sun began shining and drying up the roads, leaving the sky blue with scattered clouds and the air sparkling.
Of course we were very glad we said, "Yes, Lord," because there were humble souls wrapped in blankets there who had hunger in their eyes for more than breakfast.
After Mr Bill preached a strong message from I John about loving folks, we got into conversation with some who had questions about the pain and suffering in the world. We explained how God hates it too and wants to fill them with His power to go and do whatever He says in order to change it.
Another new friend "A.C." told me he was desperate that God will come into his heart and that his heart was wide open for him. I told Him Jesus said, "You must be born again," and that it was a deeply spiritual thing, where a desperate person opens up and God's Spirit comes in and gives him a new heart. He had to believe that Jesus had nails in His hands and feet on account of his, A.C.'s, sin and receive Him, to see Him as the Savior for those sins. A.C. asked if I could help him with the words to a prayer to tell Jesus that, which I did. After that he went and stood in the food line.
Now it is up to God to go after the man and empower him to reach his friends who also live on the street. I told him where the power comes from and to listen closely to the voice of the Spirit inside him telling him to turn right or left to stop or go. He said he would.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home