Friday, September 22, 2006

You Know Better

"What is James doing?" I shouted to Peter.

James was out on the driveway with his mouth to a tube attached to his bike horn. "He's blowing his shofar!" laughed Peter.

Well, not exactly, but I guess it was his way of announcing the biblical Festival of Trumpets this evening! During this feast thousands of shofars the world over will be blasting along with his.

What excitement to think that some year, likely at this same time, the blast of the heavenly shofar will announce the coming of the great King, Messiah Jesus.

"And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other." Matthew 24:31

Well, I really wanted to find a nice movie for the family to watch tonight, and Wal Mart had a great one. It wasn't about the return of the King, but it was definitely 'God-ward'. It is entitled, "Joseph, King of Dreams".

I think I will always remember one of the songs as God's message to us on our first real Bible New Year's Eve. Like Jesus, before He returns as King of Kings, Joseph is brought very low in the Pharaoh's prison.

However he sings through his tears that if he can just release his trust to God who loves him, he will eventually discover that God KNOWS BETTER THAN HE.

I wish you could hear the music. It is still ringing in my heart...

I thought I did what's right.
I thought I had the answers.
I thought I chose the surest road,
But that road brought me here.

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I,
YOU KNOW THE WAY;
I'VE LET GO THE NEED TO KNOW 'WHY'
FOR YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I.

If this has been a test,
I cannot see the reason
But maybe knowing I don't know
Is part of getting through.

I try to do my best,
And faith has made it easy
To see the best thing I can do
Is put my trust in You

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I,
YOU KNOW THE WAY;
I'VE LET GO THE NEED TO KNOW 'WHY'
FOR YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I.

I saw one cloud and thought it was the sky
I saw one bird and thought that I could follow
But it was You who taught that bird to fly

If I let You reach me
Will You teach me?

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I,
YOU KNOW THE WAY;
I'VE LET GO THE NEED TO KNOW 'WHY'
I'LL TAKE WHAT ANSWERS YOU SUPPLY
FOR YOU KNOW BETTER THAN I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home