Friday, June 02, 2006

Eyes

Today was the boys' annual eye doctor appointment. It was a hard time for them to have the drops in and be blurry and dilated all day, but they were troopers and persevered.

The nice thing was that James' bad eye was not as out-turned as it was a year ago, and He really does not need glasses for the other eye. I would like him to be convinced to wear glasses simply to protect his good eye. If he just won't or can't please pray for his protection and healing.

Peter has the hardest time with these examinations, I think because he has limited hearing and feels a bit like Helen Keller during the dilation, but the doctor discovered that his eyes have improved. When I asked him for any reason that both boys would have improved he said, "No reason, just lucky I guess."

I begged to differ and explained to him that both boys are spiritual little guys and we believe that Jesus Christ still heals. That, no, they are not biological brothers, and it was no coincidence that they both came with bad left eyes, and that that was a God thing, that He brought them to us. And that we will start more diligently to ask Him to heal them some more.

Then we told him about the story on 700 Club yesterday about the lady who put mud on her blind husband's eyes like Jesus did, and how he suddenly could see.

It struck me just how serious a thing this all is with the boys, but if God instructs me to do the mud thing, you can be sure I will let you know. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home