Wednesday, May 03, 2006

IT'S A BOY!

The little"girl' on the ultrasound turned out to have a little something extra. So we heard at 6:00 am this morning.

Em and I talked yesterday, and I should have known the telltale signs of impending labor. She asked me to pray that the doctor would listen to her that afternoon when she told him she really needed to have this baby NOW. Would he please get things rolling?

I recall each time I was ready to give birth I would become very organized and whip everyone around me and the house into shipshape. Then, sure enough, I was into the hospital that night.

Unfortunately the doctor informed her that the baby was not ready and to settle in for a couple more weeks.

Well, Chad called around midnight from the hospital to say she was in labor and that a baby would come before sunrise. But we didn't hear the phone. Our bedroom door was shut and the window was open, filling the room with the noisy, sub-tropical night sounds of Mississippi.

Then he called again at 3:00 am. Again the bullfrogs were croaking and the mocking bird was warbling her usual all night songs, mocking every bird on her list, one after another. I heard a bluejay, a song sparrow, and cardinal and the sound of a spring boinging. She was loud! And I did not hear the second phone message that said, "The baby is healthy and 7lb. 7oz, born at 2:30am."

Finally at 6:00 am Emily called with a big smile in her voice to say, "Our little 'girl' has a weinie!" His name is Will, and he looks just like Chad!"

This is the child who we prayed would get out of breach position and did. Now the timing of his birth could not have been better and the labor smoother or quicker.

As always, God is so gracious and kind, the kindest Person you will ever meet, the best Father you could ask for at a time like this, or anytime at all.

1 Comments:

At May 3, 2006 at 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the proud grandparents and of course to Emily and Chad.
That is wonderful news and we are very happy for you all.
He does all things well.
Love,
Margo and Randy and the gang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home