Summer Begins
Aunt Becky reminds me I have not posted in a while, so here is a short note before Maggie, Rob and I fly up to Michigan, and then cross to Windsor, Ontario for my Dad's 90th birthday. Dad is as active as I am, so I don't expect the surprise to shake him at all. It should be fun. We will see Em and Steph and their guys and our wee grandaughter, Mia girl.
The little boys were prayed for at Church tonight along with the teenagers, including Rob. It was a wonderful send-off for James and Peter who will travel to Discovery Camp in Texas this weekend, while we three head north. After the bussle of immunizations and parties and packing, Bob will be glad to remain here and go to work, and in the evenings soothe poor Skipper and Lucy till we all return Monday night. God bless us every one!
Maggie, meanwhile, is planning her response to the call to Sri Lanka to help rebuild with Word Made Flesh organizaton. It is a good thing God can do "over and above all that we could ask or think" or we would all be in trouble. She is babysitting up a storm and sending out letters to accummulate the airfare.
Also travelling by faith are two adoptive couples who are in Ukraine this week or will travel Friday to adopt young teen girls we met there. Our boys are happy for them as some are former classmates of theirs. The boys continue to bond with their big brother more each day. Soon I am thinking Rob may see them as some of his best friends.
This past week James turned thirteen and had a lively swim party here with the boys in his class. With the birthday, his first with real gifts and a cake and candles, he seems to have turned some kind of corner. The day after his party, the two of us raced laughing across the Wal-Mart parking lot in the pouring rain. He reached for my hand, singing, "I am thirteen, going on fourteen, I'll take care of you." He told me that he wants to be like his dad in every way. Bob and I are both sobered by his trust.
All these adoption adventures are so God-filled, and faith building, that the very thought of how God is making a way for these orphan kids, of the obstacles He has already overcome, gives me hope that my little dilemna this evening is nothing for Him.....That we will uncover Rob's birth certificate, which, if we do not locate tonight, could keep him stranded in Canada indefinitely.
As always, God will help us...and thank you, Stephie, for your encouraging phone conversation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home