Monday, April 04, 2005

It's My Life

Back when James and I used to have serious discussions about his attitude, he made a comment that sounded right at the time. It is a popular misconception which I do not want my kids growing up believing. Defending his periodic episodes of gloom, he said, "Mom, it's my life."

Not!

This morning while the boys ate their breakfast I fed them some eternal goodies from God's Word. It is imperative that these guys know Truth, because someday they will be heads of households. So I had Rob read I Corinthians 6:20, which shows why "It's my life," is doubly false.

Not only did these three boys not breathe into themselves the breath of life, but they were purchased with the highest possible price, the blood of Jesus Christ. They are not their own.

Far better to be a good kid in God's family, taking orders from the kindest Person you will ever meet, than to believe the delusion that you are your own man.

"...you are not your own..for you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home