Thanksgiving Day
Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone. This has been a pleasant family day, rather quiet but in a fun way. I rose early to stuff the turkey and put it in the oven. Then I went back to bed and slept in. Maggie helped make pies this morning, pumpkin and strawberry. Rob and I tried our hand at a new peach icecream recipe with fresh ingredients in the Vita Mix. It was wonderful. This afternoon we went to see the Incredibles, a really cute and good, action, family movie.
It seems the boy we wondered about is not adoptable. A wonderful boy. I hope things get better at home for him and that he will be able to have a real home life some day. The others do not have anyone at all.
Our man suggests an apartment within walking distance of the orphanage. It has two bedrooms and even a bed in the kitchen. This way we can walk to see the children while he is working on documents and translation. I look forward to searching those long, dimly lit hallways carrying pen pals' notes to some kids I met last January. Also I really hope to introduce Bob and Rob to some of the folks I met in town, and to go to church. Of course we will also travel to the sanatorium to visit our other boy.

1 Comments:
Any chance you could ship some of that peach icecream out to NYC? :) I miss cooking and baking with you guys.
love, jane
Post a Comment
<< Home