Monday, November 15, 2004

The bunk beds will be delivered tomorrow, complete with pull-out drawers beneath, to save space in the room.

We just got word that Steph and Ed's penpal, whom I met last January, is being adopted along with his siblings. How wonderful. I have been corresponding with the mom and emailing every photo I have of her kids. We are all thrilled at the kindness of God.

Still no word from the travel agent. Why is it so hard? Well, we would love a flight right from Jackson. Lord, help her. I have on my refrigerator the very first Bible verses which jumped out at me the night before leaving on my fact-finding tour to Ukraine last January, 2004. It is Jeremiah 29 11-13. Whenever thoughts of fear and failure enter my mind I say.... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD..."

I need to call the bank to set aside some crisp bills for us. Ukraine is a cash society and they like new American money. Everyone carries cash, no credit cards.

Bob has a trip to Chicago which he just cannot miss the week before we leave. He promises to come home lively and excited. That he will visit the juicing shop daily and take his vitamins.

Just had a call from the lovely, Russian speaking girl who wants very much to teach our boys English. Hers is impecable, much better than mine! Her husband is a soccer coach, who wants the boys to teach him Russian! "Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness to the children of men!!" Isn't this the sweetest thing God has arranged for us? We will meet them at "Olga's Restaurant" tommorow evening for, you guessed it, Russian night!

And...more amazing grace! They would like to house sit for us! So when we arrive back in town they can welcome us in Russian. Perhaps God will use them to comfort the kids when they miss their friends, their "Babushka", our missionary friend, and her young translator who is like a big sister to them, visiting them almost daily at the orphanage.

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2004 at 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea the bunkbeds are!! I'm so excited for the boys to see their OWN spaces. We'll be praying that the travel plans work out too. -Steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home